Whole Wheat Pasta Marinara Recipe
- 1 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
step 2: Drain diced tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons of the liquid. Microwave onion, garlic and mushrooms, and reserved liquid in a large, loosely covered dish for 2 to 3 minutes until onions are clear.
step 3: Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and tomatoes to onion mixture and microwave 5 to 6 minutes more or until heated through. Pour over cooked pasta.