Wild Rice Casserole with Sausage Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mixture
- 1 (3 ounce) package sliced almonds
step 1: In a large skillet combine the sausage, chicken, onion, garlic and celery. Saute over medium heat until sausage and chicken are browned and vegetables are tender. Crumble sausage, drain fat from skillet and return sausage to skillet.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: Stir in the chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, mushrooms and rice. Mix well and spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds.
step 4: Cover dish and bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until cooked through.