Wild Rice Micro Chicken Recipe
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
step 1: In a medium saucepan add salt to water and bring to a boil. Add uncooked rice and parboil for 10 minutes (to parboil is to partially cook by boiling briefly in water). Meanwhile, prepare wild rice according to package directions (do NOT drain); set aside.
step 2: In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish combine the cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix. Slowly stir in the parboiled rice and cooked wild rice (with liquids). Add the mushrooms and chicken pieces, mix all together and spread evenly in baking dish. If desired, cover and store in refrigerator at this point.
step 3: To Cook In Microwave: Cook on high for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cook unti chicken is no longer pink and rice is cooked through.
step 4: To Cook In Conventional Oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake dish in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, until chicken and rice are cooked through.