Wild Rice Zoop Recipe
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 cup canned mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (5 ounce) jar processed cheese spread
- 2 cups water
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place wild rice and 3 cups broth or water in casserole dish. Bake, covered, for 1.5-2 hours. Should make 3 cups cooked rice.
step 2: Fry bacon until crisp. Drain off most of the grease and saute onion in remaining grease. Add half & half, mushrooms, potato soup, cooked wild rice, cheese, and 2 cups water. Heat thoroughly over low heat.