Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Shallots Recipe
- 6 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 3 small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: Place the shallots, oil, broth, thyme, pepper and salt in a small casserole dish. Cover and roast until the shallots are very soft and brown, about 45 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven.
step 3: Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain and place the potatoes back in the pot over low heat to dry.
step 4: Heat the milk over medium low heat. Add it to the potatoes and beat with a mixer. Add the roasted shallots and beat again until potatoes are smooth.