Yummy Curd Rice Recipe
- 1 teaspoon clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 small cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chile peppers
- 1 whole red chile pepper
- 7 leaves fresh curry
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- water as needed
- 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
step 1: In a heavy pan, heat the clarified butter over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds; it should be just hot enough for the seeds to crackle, but not burn. Stir in ginger, garlic, cinnamon, green and red chile peppers, and curry leaves. Cook, stirring frequently, for like 30 seconds.
step 2: If rice is cold, add rice to pan with a little water, and cover. The steam will separate the rice. When rice is warm, or if adding warm rice, stir rice with spices. Reduce heat, mix in yogurt, and heat through.