Yummy Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 2 2/3 cups shredded four-cheese mix or pizza cheese
- 4 tablespoons Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 10 ounces plum tomatoes
- 2 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Savory Market™ Open Hearth Grill Flavor
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
step 1: Stir cheese mix, breadcrumbs, and 1/3 cup basil in medium bowl to blend.
step 2: Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Sprinkle eggplant and tomatoes with salt and pepper. Mix olive oil and Savory Market Open Hearth Grill Flavor. Brush 1side of eggplant slices with some oil/flavor mixture. Grill, oiled side down, until bottom side is tender and grill marks appear, about 3 minutes. Brush second side of eggplant slices with more oil; turn over and top grilled side with tomatoes and cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Drizzle with remaining oil. Cover and grill until tomatoes are tender and the cheese melts (about 5 minutes), then transfer eggplant slices to plates. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil and serve.