Zesty Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package Tyson® Tastybasted® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs (any flavor)
- 3 cups uncooked tri-color rotini pasta, cooked
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
step 1: COOK: Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 1 minute. Rinse with cold water and drain. Meanwhile, spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. CLEAN: Wash hands. Place chicken in skillet; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken, cover and cook 4 to 7 minutes longer or until internal juices run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170 degrees F for breasts, 180 degrees F for thighs.) Remove chicken, cool slightly and slice. In small bowl, blend oil, lemon juice, salt, thyme and red pepper flakes. In large bowl, combine pasta, vegetables and dressing; toss to mix well and coat. Top with sliced chicken.
step 2: SERVE: Serve with bakery rolls, if desired.
step 3: CHILL: Refrigerate leftovers immediately.