Zesty Chicken with Black Beans Recipe
- 6 Tyson® Fresh Chicken Thighs
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups instant rice, cooked according to package directions
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F Combine cumin, oregano, 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper in cup. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Rub spices onto chicken. Wash hands.
step 2: Heat large nonstick skillet with tight-fitting lid. Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook over high heat 3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
step 3: Remove all but 1 tsp. drippings from skillet; add bell pepper and onion. Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are golden, 4 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, beans, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; bring to a boil.
step 4: Return chicken to skillet; transfer skillet to oven, cover and bake 20 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced or temperature on instant-read thermometer reaches 180 degrees F. Serve with rice. (Refrigerate leftovers.)