Zesty Garbanzo Beans with Pistachio Nuts Recipe
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
step 2: In a bowl, toss the garbanzo beans together with the oil, sea salt, cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Transfer to a shallow casserole dish.
step 3: Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until garbanzo beans are golden and crisp, approximately 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir in pistachios and thyme, and continue baking an additional 10 minutes, or until beans and pistachios are lightly crispy. Serve immediately.