Zesty Pantry Potato Stew Recipe
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup texturized vegetable protein (TVP)
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/8 cup dry sherry
- 1/8 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl toss together carrots, TVP, rice and onion. Transfer to a deep, round casserole dish. Press mixture down evenly. Layer potatoes on top of carrot mixture.
step 3: In a medium bowl combine salsa, sherry, salad dressing, water and cornstarch. Slowly pour over potatoes.
step 4: Bake, covered, in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover and sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
step 5: Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours. Cool slightly before serving.