Zucchini Boats on the Grill Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 slice white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon minced black olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons diced green chile peppers
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 6 tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch dried basil
- seasoned salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: Prepare the grill for indirect heat.
step 2: Place the zucchini in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp to about 1/4 inch from the skin. Chop pulp.
step 3: In a bowl, mix the zucchini pulp, bread pieces, bacon bits, olives, jalapeno, green chile peppers, onion, tomato, and Cheddar cheese. Season with basil, seasoned salt, and pepper.
step 4: Stuff the zucchini halves with the pulp mixture. Seal each stuffed half in aluminum foil.
step 5: Place foil packets on the prepared grill over indirect heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.