Zucchini Pie with Bacon Recipe
- 1 (10 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅔ cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 4 cups diced zucchini
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 dash black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: Brush crust with melted butter. Sprinkle bacon inside crust. Place zucchini, eggs and cream in a blender; puree until smooth. Pour zucchini mixture into a bowl and stir in marjoram, onion salt, pepper, and cayenne. Fold in cheese and pour mixture into pie crust.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until set.