Zucchini Salad Recipe
- 1 pound zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram or tarragon, crushed (optional)
- 12 cups salad greens
- 6 leaves arugula, snipped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
step 1: Cut zucchini into 1/8-inch slices. Combine onion and bell pepper; set aside.
step 2: In a quart-size container with lid, combine vinegar, water, oil, Equal(r), salt, pepper and marjoram. Pour over vegetables. Chill overnight.
step 3: Spoon vegetables over salad greens using a slotted spoon. Top with bits of arugula and sprinkle with pine nuts.