Zweiback Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 (4 ounce) package zwieback toast
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 3 ¼ cups dry small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Crush zwieback into crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine zwieback crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and melted margarine. Mix well and press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
step 2: In a large bowl, cream cottage cheese and 1 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour and salt. Mix in cream and vanilla.
step 3: Pour batter into crust and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Cool completely before removing from pan.